Pork chops with caperberry-mustard sauce and braised leeks
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
Like juiced-up capers, big, briny caperberries bring another dimension of flavor to our succulent paleo pork chops with velvety braised leeks.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 leeks (about ½ pound total)
- 6 or 7 radishes (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 caperberries
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley or other leafy herb such as basil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1½ tablespoons ghee
A type of clarified butter, ghee was likely created as a way to preserve butter by removing its water content. Ghee gets its signature nutty flavor from simmering the butter until its milk solids are golden brown, then straining the butter to remove the solids.
Calories: 580, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 960mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.