In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with caperberry-mustard sauce and braised leeks
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Like juiced-up capers, big, briny caperberries bring another dimension of flavor to our succulent paleo pork chops with velvety braised leeks.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 leeks (about ½ pound total)
- 6 or 7 radishes (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 caperberries
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley or other leafy herb such as basil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1½ tablespoons ghee
Calories 580, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 960mg (42% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the roots from the leeks and cut the leeks in half lengthwise. Keeping the leek halves intact, carefully rinse under cold water, gently cleaning between the layers to remove any dirt. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half lengthwise.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Divide into two equal portions, one for the vegetables and one for the sauce.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Save the rest for another use.
- Measure ¾ cup [1½ cups] vegetable broth. Set aside the rest for the sauce.
Cook the vegetables
While the vegetables cook, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the ingredients for the sauce.
Make the sauce
- Cut the caperberries in half lengthwise.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the vegetables.
Finish the vegetables
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the thyme leaves.
- Measure the vegetable broth.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.