In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork chops with fig sauce and quinoa–dried cherry salad
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Figs simmered in apple cider form the base for a wintry, tangy pan sauce in this gluten-free pork dinner. Dried cherries cooked in the quinoa add pops of flavor on the side.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¾ ounce dried cherries
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 head chicory lettuce (such as radicchio or Castelfranco)
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce dried figs
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Calories 680, Total Fat 26g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 62g (21% DV), Fiber 7g (28% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 49g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa and dried cherries
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Coarsely chop the dried cherries.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Cut away the core from the chicory lettuce; thinly slice the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the fig sauce
- Trim the stems from the dried figs; cut the figs lengthwise into quarters.
- Save 1 rosemary sprig [2 sprigs] for another use.
Remove from the heat and discard the rosemary. Add ½ tablespoon [1 TBL] butter to the sauce, if desired, and stir until melted and the sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return the pork to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
Finish the quinoa salad
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa.
- Strip the parsley leaves.