Seared salmon with Brussels sprout and dried cranberry Caesar salad

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

New

Seared salmon with Brussels sprout and dried cranberry Caesar salad

<600 Calories, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving

20 Minutes

Fall is in the air. And as a prelude to Thanksgiving fare, we felt inspired to create a raw Brussels sprout salad tossed with tart dried cranberries and crunchy walnuts.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
  • 3 tablespoons walnuts
  • 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
  • 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
  • Sunbasket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic - anchovy paste - kosher salt - black pepper)
  • Fish options:
  • 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
  • 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
  • 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 590, Total Fat 37g (57% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 150mg (50% DV), Sodium 380mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 25g (8% DV), Fiber 6g (24% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 10g Added Sugars, 20% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (walnut)

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Make the Brussels sprout salad

  • Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts.
  • Coarsely chop the walnuts.

In a medium bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, walnuts, dried cranberries, sherry vinegar, Caesar dressing, and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. 

2

Prep and cook the fish

  • Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.

 

For skin-on salmon: 

Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes. 

 

For skinless salmon: 

Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.

 

For snapper: 

Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes. 

 

For halibut:

Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.

Serve

Transfer the Brussels sprout salad to individual bowls, top with the fish, and serve.

Kids Can!
  • Assemble the Brussels sprout salad.
  • Measure the oil for cooking the fish.
  • Time the cooking.
  • Transfer the salad to bowls.