Seared salmon with lemongrass-coconut curry
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
In this Southeast Asian curry, seared salmon fillets are finished in a silky coconut milk sauce with king oyster mushrooms, summer squash, and red bell pepper. Kaffir lime leaves and our custom-made lemongrass paste add bright, floral notes to balance the richness of the coconut milk.
In your bag
- 3 ounces king oyster mushrooms
- ½ pound summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh basil
- 1 lime
- Two 6-ounce wild Alaskan salmon fillets
- Lemongrass paste (lemongrass - garlic - turmeric - olive oil - fresh ginger - salt)
- ½ cup coconut milk
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the mushrooms, keeping the stems intact, and cut into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Trim the squash, cut in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the the red pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch strips.
- Tear the kaffir lime leaves in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the basil leaves from their stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Zest the lime. Cut it in half; juice 1 half and cut the remaining half into wedges.
Cook the mushrooms; sear the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, if dry, and warm until hot but not smoking. Add the salmon and cook, without turning, until lightly browned but only partially cooked, 2 to 3 minutes (the salmon will finish cooking in the sauce). Transfer to the plate with the mushrooms.
Cook the vegetables; make the sauce
Finish the curry
Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the cilantro, basil, lime juice, and lime zest. Season to taste with salt.
Calories: 590, Protein: 38 g, Fiber: 5 g, Total Fat: 40 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 24 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 590 mg, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.