In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared salmon with panang sauce and tomato–cauliflower "rice"
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This paleo and gluten-free curry is quick to prepare yet boasts exceptionally deep flavor thanks to our house-made panang curry paste.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- Sunbasket panang curry paste (mild green chiles - lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamom)
- ½ cup coconut milk
Calories 590, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 200mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 28g (10% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
For skinless salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients and start the cauliflower “rice.”
Prep and cook the tomato–cauliflower “rice”
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
Make the panang sauce
- Measure the onion.
- Time the cooking.
- Set the table.