In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared salmon with pearl couscous and salsa fresca
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
In this collaboration between the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen and Sun Basket, an easy salsa brings a rainbow of flavors and textures to salmon fillets, snapper, or scallops.
In your bag
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 organic cucumber
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Sun Basket honey-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
As the salsa rests, it absorbs the salt, so taste and season your salsa again just before serving.
For salmon and snapper:
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set the fish, skin side down, on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until the skin is crisp and the fish is opaque and flaky, about 5 minutes per side.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Meanwhile, soak the wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes before threading them with the scallops. Thread the scallops onto the skewers, making sure the flat sides are facing the same way. Set the scallops on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until lightly charred and just opaque within, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
Calories: 720, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 90mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the water heats and the couscous cooks, prepare the salsa fresca.
Prep the salsa fresca ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
Make the salsa fresca
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, and shallots and gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the seafood.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Time the couscous.
- Measure the cucumber and shallots.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Stir the salsa fresca.
- Top the seafood with the salsa fresca.