In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steak and porcini sauce with sweet potatoes and chard
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
An easy mushroom pan sauce takes this classic steak dinner to Italy’s Piedmont region for a decadent yet paleo dinner.
In your bag
- ⅛ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 5 ounces chopped chard
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (see Market Watch note)
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 New York strip steak (about ¾ pound; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ghee (optional)
Calories 620, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the porcini mushrooms
While the porcini soak, prepare the sweet potatoes.
Prep and cook the sweet potatoes and chard
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends; cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the potatoes and chard cook, prepare the gremolata.
Make the gremolata
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Zest the lemon. Juice half and set aside the juice for the porcini sauce; save the remaining half for another use. [Zest both lemons. Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
Prep and cook the steak
- Strip enough rosemary leaves from the stems and finely chop to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp]. Set aside half for the porcini sauce. Save any remaining rosemary sprigs for another use.
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt, pepper, and half the rosemary.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the porcini sauce.
Make the porcini sauce
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lemon juice and the ghee or 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the gremolata.
- Strip the rosemary leaves.
- Measure the shallots.