In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steak over cabbage-plum salad with kimchi vinaigrette
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
We love a perfectly seared steak, but it’s the stunningly colorful plum salad with a mouth-puckering kimchi vinaigrette that’s really the star.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic red plum or other stone fruit
- 1 organic carrot
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- Sunbasket kimchi vinaigrette (kimchi - fresh lime juice - coconut vinegar)
- 1 organic summer squash
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 430, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: (kimchi contains trace amount of added sugar for fermentation): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad and the squash.
Make the cabbage-plum salad
- Cut the plum in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then thinly slice on the diagonal.
Prep and cook the squash
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash crosswise into 2-inch-long pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise into thin slices, then the slices lengthwise into thin matchsticks.
- Time the steak.
- Remove the pit from the plum.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Toss the cabbage-plum salad.