In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steak with charred tomatoes and basil-walnut dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In this vegetable gardener’s dream of a meal, oven-charred tomatoes act like a sauce for a side dish of sautéed summer squash and snap peas. A sprinkling of ground Harissa powder from Oaktown Spice Shop adds a kick to chive oil for the steak.
In your bag
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 2 yellow squash
- 5 ounces snap peas
- Fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon Harissa powder (optional)
- Two 6-ounce sirloin steaks
- 1 ounce walnuts
- 1 lemon
- Fresh basil
Calories 540, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal ½ inch thick.
- Trim the stem ends from the snap peas and pull off the strings.
- Thinly slice the chives and put in a heat-proof bowl.
Make the chive oil
Cook the steak
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper.
Make the dressing
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Juice the lemon.
- Pick and finely chop the basil leaves; discard the stems.
Cook the vegetables
Transfer the squash mixture to a mixing bowl, add the roasted tomatoes and the basil-walnut dressing, and toss to coat.