In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steaks with lemon-almond relish, baby broccoli, and romesco
Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Almost too pretty to eat, this dish boasts colorful green baby broccoli, bright summer squash, and bold red romesco to accompany a perfectly seared steak.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- 1 or 2 organic yellow or other summer squash (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 organic lemon
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - EVOO - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
Calories: 680, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 30g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables and lemon
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the lemon crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the vegetables and lemon roast, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-inch slices.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the lemon-almond relish.
Make the lemon-almond relish
- Cut the lemon slices into quarters.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Season the vegetables and lemon for roasting.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the lemon-almond relish.
- Spread the romesco on the plates.
- Garnish the steaks.