In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steaks with bagna càuda, cauliflower, and radishes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This dish embraces the translation of the name bagna càuda, which means “hot bath,” by basting steak in an umami-rich blend of garlic and anchovy.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- Sunbasket bagna càuda (EVOO - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- ½ head organic cauliflower
Calories 540, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 20g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks and bagna càuda
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned but still rare, 5 to 6 minutes for top sirloins and 7 to 10 minutes for filet mignons. Add the bagna càuda, half the parsley, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] ghee or butter, if using, and cook, spooning the sauce over the steaks, until fragrant and warmed through and the steaks are medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, about 1 minute per side. Add the bagna càuda, half the parsley, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] ghee or butter, if using, and cook, spooning the sauce over the steaks, until fragrant and warmed through and the steaks are medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Season the bagna càuda to taste with salt and pepper; set aside in the pan for serving.
While the steaks cook and rest, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the ghee or butter, if using.
- Measure the water for the vegetables.
- Garnish with the parsley.