In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eyes with romesco and artichoke-olive salad
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Romesco was first made by fishermen in coastal Catalonia, Spain, to accompany seafood. But little did they know, this smoky-nutty sauce tastes just as rich over Black Angus steaks.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket steak spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Sunbasket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
Calories: 680, Protein: 57g (114% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the steak spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
In a large bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the kale, artichoke hearts, and olives and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and artichoke-olive salad to individual plates. Spoon half the romesco over the steaks and serve the remaining romesco on the side.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the salad.
- Spoon the romesco over the steaks.