Seared steaks with romesco and kale-artichoke salad
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
Our house-made romesco transforms this paleo and gluten-free steak dinner. It’s served with a nourishing but easy salad so dinner is ready in just 20 minutes.
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- Steak spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ pound baby kale
- 3 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted bell peppers - almonds - fresh garlic - sherry vinegar - sweet smoked paprika - olive oil - salt)
For perfectly browned steaks, be sure to pat the meat thoroughly dry before cooking, then give the oil plenty of time to heat before adding the meat to the pan.
If you feel up for cooking outdoors, you can toss these steaks on the grill. Light a medium-hot fire and prep the steaks as directed. Place them on the grill rack directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt, pepper, and the steak spice blend.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the kale-artichoke salad.
Make the kale-artichoke salad
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 32g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 1130mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts.