In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared steaks with romesco and artichoke-olive salad
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Our house-made romesco is a match made in heaven for steak, not to mention the nourishing salad. This paleo dish is on the table in 15 minutes, with just one bowl and one pan to clean.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 organic rib-eyes (about 7 ounces each)
- Sun Basket steak spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- 3 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - EVOO - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
For perfectly browned steak, be sure to pat the meat thoroughly dry before cooking, then give the oil plenty of time to heat before adding the meat to the pan.
Prepare a medium-hot fire on one side of a grill. Set the steaks on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, close the grill, and cook without turning to the desired doneness.
Calories: 520, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 39g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 14g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the steak spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare for top sirloins and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices.
For the rib-eyes:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
While the steaks cook and rest, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the salad.
- Spoon the romesco over the steaks.