In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eyes with romesco and artichoke-olive salad
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Romesco was first made by fishermen in coastal Catalonia, Spain, to accompany seafood. But little did they know, this nutty and smoky sauce tastes just as satisfying over Black Angus steaks.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket steak spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Sunbasket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt)
Calories: 680, Protein: 57g (114% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the steak spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
In a large bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the kale, artichoke hearts, and olives and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the steaks and artichoke-olive salad to individual plates. Spoon half the romesco over the steaks and serve the remaining romesco on the side.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the salad.
- Spoon the romesco over the steaks.