Seared steak with romesco and artichoke-olive salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
Our house-made romesco is a match made in heaven for steak, not to mention the nourishing salad. This paleo dish is on the table in 20 minutes, with just one bowl and one pan to clean.
In your bag
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 New York strip steak (about ¾ pound; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Steak spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ pound baby kale
- 3 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 ounce pitted Kalamata olives
- Sun Basket romesco (roasted red peppers - almonds - olive oil - sherry vinegar - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika - salt)
For perfectly browned steak, be sure to pat the meat thoroughly dry before cooking, then give the oil plenty of time to heat before adding the meat to the pan.
Calories: 640, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 44g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 14g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.