In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna with citrus-quinoa salad and mustard vinaigrette
Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
Get outside and enjoy the sunshine with this light and bright meal designed to keep you moving; it features good-for-you fats from tuna, high-protein quinoa, and vitamin-packed citrus.
In your bag
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic grapefruit
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket mustard vinaigrette (whole grain mustard - onion - EVOO - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
Calories: 400, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 11g (17% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks and cools, prepare the herb mixture and the seafood.
Make the herb mixture
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Finely chop the dill.
Prep and sear the seafood
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the citrus-quinoa salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit. Working over a large bowl, cut along both sides of each membrane to release the segments into the bowl. Alternatively, cut the fruit in half crosswise and separate each half into segments. Discard any seeds.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Stir the herb mixture.
- Peel the grapefruit by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the herb mixture.