In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna with kiwi-avocado salad and lemon vinaigrette
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
This main-course salad serves up unexpected ingredients—avocado, kiwi, and bell pepper with seared tuna steaks—in a satisfying combo of textures and flavors.
In your bag
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic lime
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic kiwi
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 6 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories 510, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 150mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the avocado
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Zest and juice the lime.
Sear the seafood
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel the kiwi and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
To the bowl with the avocado, add the kale, kiwi, bell pepper, half the cilantro, and half the lemon vinaigrette and toss to coat (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving).
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Juice the lime.
- Toss the avocado with lime zest and juice.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.