In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna with kiwi-tomato salad and lemon vinaigrette
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
With vitamin C–rich kale, kiwi, tomato, and bell pepper, this meal could be called “immune-boosting” salad.
In your bag
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild skinless albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic kiwi
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Sun Basket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 6 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 470, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and sear the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel the kiwi and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
In a large bowl, toss together the kale, kiwi, tomatoes, bell pepper, and half the lemon vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the seafood.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.