In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna with kiwi-tomato salad and lemon vinaigrette
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
With vitamin C–rich kale, kiwi, tomato, and bell pepper, this meal could be called “immune-boosting” salad.
In your bag
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild skinless albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 organic kiwi
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- Sun Basket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 6 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
Think of porcini powder (used here in our lemon vinaigrette) as magic umami dust. Made from ground dried porcini mushrooms, the powder is especially tasty in leaner dishes because it gives food richer, deeper flavors without adding fat.
Calories: 470, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and sear the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel the kiwi and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
In a large bowl, toss together the kale, kiwi, tomatoes, bell pepper, and half the lemon vinaigrette (set aside the remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the seafood.
- Stir the lemon vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.