In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna with roasted garlic–miso butter, green beans, and shiitakes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Nothing adds flavor to a dish like compound butter. Sweet butter blended with roasted garlic and creamy miso paste transforms seared tuna steaks into one special meal.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic shiitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 4 or 5 cloves organic roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon miso
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild yellowfin tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket garlic-porcini blend (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- Sunbasket garlicky sesame seed blend (black sesame seeds - toasted garlic - white sesame seeds - Aleppo chile flakes)
Calories 550, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Milk, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; make the roasted garlic–miso butter
- Let the butter come to room temperature.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans in half crosswise.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut the mushrooms in half.
In a small bowl, using a masher or fork, mash together the butter, roasted garlic, and miso, breaking up the garlic cloves. Season lightly to taste with salt and generously with pepper.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the garlic-porcini blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 30 seconds per side for rare, about 1 minute per side for medium. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and the garlic-porcini blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for the seafood, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the green beans and scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans and mushrooms are tender and the scallions are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables to individual plates and sprinkle with the garlicky sesame seed blend. Top with the seafood and roasted garlic–miso butter and serve.
- Mash the roasted garlic–miso butter.
- Time the cooking.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the garlicky sesame seed blend.
- Top the seafood with the roasted garlic–miso butter.