In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna with snap pea salad, lemony yogurt, and spicy chile oil
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Urfa chile oil adds a hot kick, creamy yogurt cools things down, and our smoky spice blend perks up the fish. With so much flavor left and right, this dish will disappear in a heartbeat.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic sugar snap peas
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless yellowfin tuna steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket smoky spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - baharat)
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 370, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the snap pea salad
- Thinly slice the snap peas on the diagonal.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
In a medium bowl, stir together the snap peas, shallots, champagne vinegar, and 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the spicy chile oil
- In a small heatproof bowl, add as much Urfa chile as you like.
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully pour the oil over the Urfa chile and stir to combine. Set aside for serving. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the smoky spice blend.
In the same pan used to heat the oil for the chile oil, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Add the fish and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 30 seconds per side for rare, about 1 minute per side for medium.
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. While the fish is cooking and resting, prepare the lemony yogurt.
Make the lemony yogurt
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon zest, and 2 teaspoons [1 TBL] lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread the lemony yogurt in a circle on individual plates. Place the fish in the center of the yogurt and top with the snap pea salad. Spoon over as much spicy chile oil as you like and serve.
- Assemble the snap pea salad.
- Time the fish.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the lemony yogurt.
- Spread the yogurt on plates.