In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sesame chicken stir-fry with udon noodles
Dairy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Wonderfully chewy udon noodles replace humdrum rice in this quick stir-fry, a real crowd-pleaser that’s great for entertaining.
In your bag
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 celery rib
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sunbasket sesame stir-fry seasoning (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- ½ teaspoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Calories 550, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 1410mg (61% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables and the garnish
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- If desired, strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the vegetables; finish the chicken
- In a small bowl, using a whisk or fork, mix together the arrowroot powder and chicken broth to form a slurry.
Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Stir the arrowroot slurry to recombine, then add the slurry, sesame stir-fry seasoning, and as much sambal oelek as you like. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the arrowroot slurry.
- Garnish with the cilantro, sesame seeds, and scallions.