In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sesame-crusted chicken with green beans and warm apricot vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Reboot your summer salad with this Marrakesh makeover, featuring sesame seed–encrusted chicken strips and blistered za’atar green beans.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket almond-sesame blend (almond meal - sesame seeds - nutritional yeast)
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- Sunbasket za’atar (sumac - sesame seeds - fennel seeds - dried thyme)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 ounce dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
Calories 550, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 250mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel.
Cook your protein
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the almond-sesame blend lightly with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Press your protein in the almond-sesame blend, coating both sides; shake off any excess.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. While your protein is cooking, prepare the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook without stirring until starting to blister, 1 to 2 minutes. Using tongs or a spatula, flip the beans and cook until blistered slightly on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the za'atar and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Transfer the beans to a large bowl, add the kale, and toss to combine. Do not clean the pan.
Make the warm apricot vinaigrette
- Finely chop the apricots.
- Coarsely chop the almonds; set aside for garnish.
In the same pan used for the green beans, warm 1½ tablespoons [3 TBL] oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the apricots, sherry vinaigrette base, and 1 to 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar (from your pantry), if using. Cook until the apricots are slightly softened and the vinaigrette is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the kale and green beans to individual bowls and top with your protein. Drizzle with the warm apricot vinaigrette, garnish with the almonds, and serve.
- Season the almond-sesame blend; spread on a plate.
- Time the cooking.
- Transfer the kale and green beans to bowls.
- Garnish with the almonds.