In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sesame-crusted fish nuggets with orange-glazed vegetables
Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
In this Baja-inspired dish, sesame-crusted fish and orange-glazed vegetables bring sweet flavors, irresistible textures, and toasty aromas.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket sesame seed blend (white sesame seeds - black sesame seeds)
- Fish options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Sun Basket orange glaze (orange juice - honey - coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 650, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 46g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 24g, Added Sugars: 13g (26% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Prep the fish nuggets
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the sesame seed blend with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using halibut or salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces); season generously with salt and pepper.
Working with 1 piece of fish at a time, dip the fish into the egg; let the excess drip off, then gently press the fish into the sesame seeds, coating all sides.
Cook the fish nuggets
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the fish in a single layer and cook, turning frequently to brown all sides, until the sesame seeds are toasted and the fish is opaque and flaky, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Wipe out the pan.
Stir-fry the vegetables
In the same pan used for the fish, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the orange glaze, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables to individual plates, top with the fish nuggets, and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Season the sesame seed blend with salt and pepper.
- Time the fish.
- Line a plate with paper towels.