In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sesame-crusted salmon with orange and roasted carrot salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Did you know a colorful plate is a healthy plate? Roasted carrots and an orange brighten our sesame-crusted salmon dish for a feel-good paleo meal that’ll impress your guests.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sunbasket coconut seasoning blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- Sesame seed blend (white and black sesame seeds)
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Nutrition per serving
Calories 550, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 210mg (70% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 33g (12% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Eggs, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the carrots roast, prepare the ginger-scallion sauce and the fish.
Make the ginger-scallion sauce
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the serrano crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- On another shallow bowl or plate, season the sesame seed blend with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Cook the fish
While the fish cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the orange and roasted carrot salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Season the carrots for roasting.
- Measure the ginger.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the orange and roasted carrot salad.