Sesame-crusted salmon with orange and roasted carrot salad
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
35 – 50 Minutes
Did you know a colorful plate is a healthy plate? Roasted carrots and orange brighten our sesame-crusted salmon dish for a feel-good paleo meal that’ll impress your guests.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 carrots (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 scallions
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 red or green fresh chile such as serrano or jalapeño (optional)
- Ginger-scallion sauce base (coconut vinegar - coconut aminos)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Sesame seed blend (black and white sesame seeds)
- 1 Valencia or other orange
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint or other leafy herb such as basil
Make It Leaner
Drizzle just 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over the carrots in Step 1 and use only 2 to 3 teaspoons oil [1 to 2 TBL] for the ginger-scallion sauce in Step 2 to shave off about 40 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving.
Ginger-scallion sauce is a beloved Asian condiment, traditionally served on poached chicken, but it brings incredible flavor to pretty much anything and everything. Use any leftovers on scrambled eggs, seared tofu, a sandwich, or steak.
Calories: 490, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 145mg (48% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.