In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sesame-crusted salmon with scallions and warm carrot salad
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
A colorful plate is a healthy plate. Roasted carrots and pear brighten this sesame-crusted fish dish for a feel-good paleo meal.
In your bag
- 2 or 3 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- Sun Basket coconut seasoning blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic egg
- Sun Basket sesame seed blend (white and black sesame seeds)
- 1 organic Asian or other pear
Calories: 540, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 210mg (70% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the carrots roast, prepare the ginger-scallion sauce and the fish.
Make the ginger-scallion sauce
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully pour the oil over the scallion mixture and stir to combine. Set aside. Do not clean the pan.
Prep the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, spread the sesame seed blend in an even layer.
Cook the fish
While the fish cooks, prepare the salad.
Finish the warm carrot salad
- Core and cut the Asian pear into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Season the carrots for roasting.
- Measure the ginger.
- Stir the coconut seasoning blend, scallions, and ginger.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a plate.
- Assemble the carrot salad.