In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sesame-udon salad with braised tofu and edamame
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
This salad is so fresh, it only requires 2 to 3 minutes at the stove— just enough time to cook the fresh udon noodles. The tofu comes already braised by our friends at Hodo Soy, who simmer the blocks in a Chinese five-spice blend.
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds fresh udon noodles
- ¼ cup black and white sesame seeds
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ cup edamame
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 3½ ounces shredded carrots
- Sunbasket sesame dressing (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil - fresh ginger - fresh garlic)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 550, Protein: 20 g, Total Fat: 19 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 22 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar (Chicken broth contains trace amounts of granulated sugar): 0 g, Sodium: 1740 mg
Contains: soy, wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, toast the sesame seeds and prepare the remaining ingredients.
Toast the sesame seeds
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the tofu crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then into thin strips.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper. Thinly slice the bell pepper.
- RInse the edamame.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Assemble and dress the salad
Chef’s tip While pasta water is almost always salted in Italian cooking, in many Asian cultures, as in this recipe, the water is never salted for noodles or rice. Instead, the seasonings come from the sauces and condiments that accompany them.
- Rinse the edamame.
- Assemble and dress the salad.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
- Help clean up.