In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seven-spice turkey patties with beet salad and spicy green harissa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Drizzled with our fiery green harissa, these rich and savory ground meat patties feature not one, not two, but seven unique spices to wake up your taste buds.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket Lebanese seven-spice blend (allspice - cloves - fenugreek - black pepper - nutmeg - cinnamon - ground ginger)
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 1 organic Pink Lady or other apple
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or other basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 530, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat and seven-spice blend. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into four [eight] 1-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties.
Beef, lamb, or plant-based meat: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the beet salad
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Rinse the beets and pat dry with a paper towel; cut the beets in half, then thinly slice.
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Add the beets, apple, walnuts, and basil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the beet salad and burger patties to individual plates. Top each burger patty with 1½ teaspoons spicy green harissa and serve the remaining harissa on the side.
- Rinse the beets and pat dry.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Stir the sherry vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the salad.