In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seven-spice turkey patties with beet salad and spicy green harissa
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Spicy, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Turn up the heat with fiery green harissa on rich and savory ground meat patties featuring not one, not two, but seven unique spices to wake up your taste buds.
In your bag
- Sunbasket Lebanese seven-spice blend (allspice - cloves - fenugreek - black pepper - nutmeg - cinnamon - ground ginger)
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 470, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 230mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the meat and seven-spice blend. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into four [eight] 1-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties.
Beef, lamb, or pork: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Turkey or chicken: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the beet salad
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Rinse the beets and pat dry with a paper towel; cut the beets in half, then thinly slice.
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil. Add the beets, apple, walnuts, and basil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the beet salad and patties to individual plates and top each patty with 1½ teaspoons spicy green harissa. Serve the remaining harissa on the side.
- Rinse the beets and pat dry.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Stir the sherry vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the salad.