In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shakshuka with greens, seeded lavash, and lemony yogurt
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Enjoy breakfast for dinner with this vegetarian one-pan dish, in which the eggs, greens, and lavash are dressed up with North African spices.
In your bag
- 2 or 3 shallots
- ¼ pound kale
- 5 ounces baby greens such as spinach
- Shakshuka spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - cumin)
- Sunbasket za’atar (sumac - fennel seeds - sesame seeds - dried thyme)
- 2 whole wheat lavash flatbreads
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh dill (see Market Watch note)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder (optional)
Calories 600, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 310mg (103% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the greens
- Peel and thinly slice enough shallots to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the lavash.
Toast the lavash
- Set aside one-third of the za’atar for the yogurt sauce.
While the lavash toasts, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the yogurt sauce and garnishes.
Make the yogurt sauce; prep the garnishes
- Zest the lemon. Juice half and cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons. Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp]; set aside for garnish. Save the rest for another use.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Brush the lavash with oil.
- Sprinkle the za’atar.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the yogurt sauce.