In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sheet pan chicken and sweet potato with dates and pistachios
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 810 Calories/Serving
In this fix-it-and-forget-it paleo and gluten-free chicken dinner, sweet potato half-moons turn tangy-sweet roasted in our balsamic-based dressing.
In your bag
- 6 to 10 organic shallots
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 2 to 4 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket house dressing (EVOO - balsamic vinegar - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
Calories: 810, Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 46g (71% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 29g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables and chicken
- Peel the shallots and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the sweet potato, shallots, and garlic cloves with the house dressing and 1 to 2 teaspoons butter, if using; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], toss the chicken with 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil and season with salt and generously with pepper.
While the chicken and vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the dish
- Coarsely chop the dates, checking for any pits.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Toss the sweet potato, shallots, and garlic with seasonings.
- Time the cooking.