In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sheet pan chicken meatballs with root vegetable salad
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In this easy sheet-pan-meal, fennel seeds add flavor to oven-roasted meatballs, and a root vegetable salad adds great color and texture.
In your bag
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- 1 organic egg
- ¾ cup panko
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic baby carrots
- 1 organic turnip
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket caper vinaigrette (EVOO - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
For an easier presentation, you can thinly slice the root vegetables instead of shaving them into ribbons.
Calories: 540, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Finely chop the fennel seeds.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Prep the onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
Roast the meatballs and onion
While the meatballs and onion cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Scrub or peel the turnip; using a peeler and working around the round outer edge, shave the turnip into thin ribbons.
- Toss the onion with oil and season.
- Scrub the carrots and turnip.
- Assemble the salad.