In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sheet pan pork sausages with roasted apple and delicata squash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Too busy to cook? Sheet pan meals to the rescue! Just roast juicy Italian sausages, sweet delicata squash, and crisp apple, then toss them in our tangy mustard vinaigrette.
In your bag
- 1 organic delicata squash (about ¾ pound)
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh sage
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- Sunbasket “creamy” mustard vinaigrette (whole grain mustard - onion - extra virgin olive oil - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
Calories 550, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 1240mg (54% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and apple
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Strip the sage leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Core and cut the apple into 1-inch pieces.
On one end of a sheet pan [on 1 sheet pan], toss the squash and onion with the sage and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Prep the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
On the other end of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], place the sausages.
Roast the vegetables, apple, and sausages
Roast until the vegetables start to soften and the sausages are browned but not yet cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pan[s] from the oven. Add the apple to the vegetables and toss together, then turn the sausages. Rotate the pan[s] and continue roasting until the vegetables and apple are tender and the sausages are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Transfer the sausages to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into 1-inch-thick slices and return to the pan. Add the “creamy” mustard vinaigrette to the sausages and vegetables, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. When the sausages, vegetables, and apple are almost done, prepare the salad.
Make the frisée salad
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, toss together the frisée and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the frisée salad to individual plates. Top with the sausages, vegetables, and apple and serve.
- Scoop out the squash seeds.
- Strip the sage leaves.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings.
- Time the roasting.
- Assemble the frisée salad.