In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sheet pan–roasted Italian sausages with radicchio, fennel, and pear
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
In an easy-to-make and clean-up dish, we roast sausages with vegetables and fruit on a single sheet pan so the flavors meld. A custom lemon vinaigrette and parsley-pecan pesto provide bursts of brightness.
In your bag
- 1 head organic radicchio
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 1 organic navel or other orange
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette (fresh lemon juice - onion - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket parsley-pecan pesto (EVOO - pecans - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 560, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 1000mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and fruits
- Cut the radicchio in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Peel the pear, if desired; core and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, spread the vegetables and fruits in an even layer.
Prep the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
Roast the vegetables, fruits, and sausages
While the vegetables, fruits, and sausages cook, prepare the garnish.
Prep the garnish
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Peel the orange with their hands.
- Stir the vegetable-fruit mixture with the vinaigrette.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the pesto.
- Garnish with the parsley.