In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Roasted sweet and spicy chicken with eggplant and pineapple
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
When it comes to no-fuss meals, sheet pan dinners are the way to go. Thanks to our sweet chile glaze and anchovy-lime dressing, the chicken and vegetables sing with flavor.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket sweet chile glaze (honey - sambal oelek)
- Sunbasket anchovy-lime dressing (pineapple - lime juice - anchovy paste - garlic - coconut nectar - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil - red chile flakes)
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- ½ cup organic chopped pineapple
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
Calories 390, Total Fat 10g (13% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 47g (17% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 38g (Incl. 27g Added Sugars, 54% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sweet chile glaze and anchovy-lime dressing. Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Let stand while you prepare the vegetables and pineapple.
Prep the vegetables and pineapple
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes.
- Drain any excess liquid from the pineapple and pat dry. Cut any large pieces in half.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the light and dark green parts separate. Set aside the light parts for roasting and the dark green parts for garnish.
Roast the chicken, vegetables, and pineapple
Brush a sheet pan [2 sheet pans] lightly with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Place the eggplant, pineapple, and light parts of the scallions on the prepared pan[s]. Season lightly with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the marinade from the chicken bowl, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables and pineapple in an even layer. Top with the chicken and drizzle everything with any remaining marinade from the bowl.
Roast, turning the chicken over and stirring the vegetables and pineapple halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through, the vegetables are lightly browned and tender, and the pineapple is slightly caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the sesame seeds.
Toast the sesame seeds
In a dry small frying pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Transfer the chicken, roasted vegetables, and pineapple to individual plates. Garnish with the sesame seeds and dark green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Pat the pineapple dry.
- Brush a sheet pan with oil.
- Season the vegetables and pineapple for roasting.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and scallions.