In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shredded chicken mole tacos with onion salsa
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
Reserved for special occasions, traditional mole is very labor-intensive. These mole tacos, however, are quick to whip up and come together in just one pan.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces pulled cooked white-meat chicken
- Sunbasket mole base (canola oil - dried New Mexican chiles - tomato paste - garlic - toasted sesame oil - ancho chile powder - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - allspice)
- ¾ ounce Mexican chocolate chunks
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Calories: 820, Protein: 56g (112% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew, coconut, hazelnut, pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the onion salsa
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the salsa and the mole).
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate. Set aside the stems for the mole.
Cook the chicken mole
While the mole cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Stir the onion salsa.
- Measure the water for the mole.