In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shredded chicken mole tacos with onion salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 820 Calories/Serving
Reserved for special occasions, traditional mole is very labor-intensive. These mole tacos, however, are quick to whip up and come together in just one pan.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces pulled cooked white-meat chicken
- Sunbasket mole base (canola oil - dried New Mexican chiles - tomato paste - garlic - toasted sesame oil - ancho chile powder - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - allspice)
- ¾ ounce Mexican chocolate chunks
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Calories 820, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 87g (32% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 56g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew, coconut, hazelnut, pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the onion salsa
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the salsa and the mole).
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate. Set aside the stems for the mole.
Cook the chicken mole
While the mole cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Stir the onion salsa.
- Measure the water for the mole.