In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp and pineapple stir-fry with Bhutan red rice
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Cooking the bok choy separately from the rest of this sweet and savory stir fry preserves the vegetable’s crunchy texture and helps make sure that its mild taste isn’t overpowered by the more flavorful ingredients. The lemongrass is intended is used as an aromatic to season the stir fry. It’ll be too tough to eat so remove it before serving.
In your bag
- 3/4 cup Bhutan red rice
- 1 baby bok choy
- 1-2 shallots
- 1 serrano chile (optional)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- ½ pound pineapple
- 10 ounces wild gulf shrimp
- Fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce (mirin-tamari-rice vinegar)
Calories: 590, Protein: 31 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Fat: 11 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 180 mg, Sodium: 1230 mg, Carbohydrates: 94 g, Added Sugar: 3 g.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables and shrimp.
Prep the vegetables and shrimp
- Cut the bok choy in half, lengthwise.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Cut the serrano chile in half lengthwise and then into thin diagonal slices.
- Coarsely chop the garlic.
- Core and remove the seeds from the red pepper; cut lengthwise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut the lemongrass on an angle into 2-inch long pieces.
- Cut off the tough outer layer of the pineapple, then the fruit into quarters, remove the core and cut the pineapple into ¼-inch thick pieces.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry.
- Pick the basil leaves from the stems and coarsely chop. Discard the stems.
Char the bok choy; make the stir-fry
Add the shallots, chile, and lemongrass. Season with salt and cook until the shallots are softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pineapple and cook, tossing occasionally, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and the stir-fry sauce and cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil.