In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp arrabbiata with penne, broccoli, and zucchini
Soy-Free, Pescatarian, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Things are heating up on pasta night. Now we love spicy arrabbiata, but here you can choose to keep the tomatoey sauce tame or toss in red chile flakes for a little kick.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 3 ounces whole wheat penne
- Shellfish options
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce Calabrian garlic confit
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
- Sunbasket dried herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Italian cheese blend
Calories 510, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 830mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and garnish
- Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the penne.
- Cut the broccoli into ½-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Cut the zucchini into bite-size pieces.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and set aside for garnish.
Cook the penne
Add the penne to the boiling water and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the penne.
While the penne cooks, cook the shrimp and start the arrabbiata sauce.
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking.
Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Make the arrabbiata sauce
In the same pan used for the shrimp, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the broccoli, zucchini, and tomatoes, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the Calabrian garlic confit, marinara, dried herb blend, and as many chile flakes as you like. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the penne and shrimp and toss to coat.
Transfer the penne, shrimp, and arrabbiata sauce to individual bowls, garnish with the Italian cheese blend and basil, and serve.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Time the cooking.
- Set the table.
- Garnish with the Italian cheese blend and basil.