In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Easy “shrimp cocktail” salad with cucumber, tomato, and basil
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
With light, cooling ingredients like cucumber, romaine, tomato, and shellfish, this crisp summery salad, inspired by shrimp cocktail, was made for a hot day.
In your bag
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket cocktail sauce base (tomatoes - fresh lemon juice - coconut aminos - maple syrup - ground mustard - celery seeds)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
Calories 400, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 850mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the salad ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 2 cups [4 cups].
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the shrimp cook, prepare the dressing.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the dressing.
Finish the cocktail sauce dressing
Prep the lemon and basil; toss the salad
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves.
- Measure the onion and cucumber.
- Stir the dressing.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing.