Shrimp coconut curry with purple sweet potato
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving, 40 Minutes
We added spring vegetables to this simple curry dish. The fresh flavors of snap peas, savoy cabbage, and basil perfectly balance the richness of the roasted potatoes and shrimp.
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ ounce fresh ginger
- 6 ounces savoy cabbage
- 1 cup snap peas
- Fresh basil
- 1 lime
- 1 cup shaved coconut
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 10 ounces wild gulf shrimp
- 1 cup coconut milk
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub the sweet potato, halve lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick half-moon slices.
- Peel the onion and thinly slice.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Core and thinly slice the cabbage.
- Trim the ends and pull the strings from the snap peas.
- Coarsely chop the basil leaves. Discard the stems.
- Halve the lime; juice one half and cut the other half into wedges.
Toast the coconut
Roast the sweet potatoes
Make the curry
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 600, Protein: 26 g, Total Fat: 33 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 32 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 17 g, Cholesterol: 180 mg, Carbohydrates: 51 g, Fiber: 12 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1160 mg,