Shrimp fettuccine with broccoli and parsley-pecan pesto
This impressive shrimp fettuccine stars our house-made parsley-pecan pesto, which lends a heaping dose of healthy fat as well as rich flavor.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 10 ounces baby broccoli (see Market Watch note)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil or other leafy herb such as parsley
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket parsley-pecan pesto (EVOO - pecans - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Because spring weather can harm organic brassica crops, in place of the baby broccoli, you may receive organic broccoli crowns, asparagus, or green beans in your bag. They are all equally fantastic cooked exactly the same way. Follow these prep steps, then proceed with the recipe as written.
For broccoli crowns, cut into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
For asparagus, snap off the woody ends and cut into 2-inch lengths.
For green beans, trim the stem ends and cut into 2-inch lengths.
Calories: 770, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 270mg (90% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.