In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp fettuccine with broccoli and parsley-pecan pesto
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
This impressive shrimp fettuccine stars our house-made parsley-pecan pesto, which lends a heaping dose of healthy fat as well as rich flavor.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 10 ounces baby broccoli (see Market Watch note)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil or other leafy herb such as parsley
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket parsley-pecan pesto (EVOO - pecans - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Because spring weather can harm organic brassica crops, in place of the baby broccoli, you may receive organic broccoli crowns, asparagus, or green beans in your bag. They are all equally fantastic cooked exactly the same way. Follow these prep steps, then proceed with the recipe as written.
For broccoli crowns, cut into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
For asparagus, snap off the woody ends and cut into 2-inch lengths.
For green beans, trim the stem ends and cut into 2-inch lengths.
Calories: 770, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 270mg (90% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fettuccine
While the water heats and the fettuccine cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
Make the sauce; finish the pasta
Stir in the fettuccine and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until the pasta is warmed through and the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley-pecan pesto, basil, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] butter, if using; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set a timer for the pasta.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the basil leaves.