In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp fettuccine with broccoli and parsley-pecan pesto
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
This impressive shrimp fettuccine stars our house-made parsley-pecan pesto, which lends a heaping dose of healthy fat as well as rich flavor.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 10 ounces baby broccoli (see Market Watch note)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh basil or other leafy herb such as parsley
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket parsley-pecan pesto (EVOO - pecans - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 770, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 270mg (90% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Eggs, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fettuccine
While the water heats and the fettuccine cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
Make the sauce; finish the pasta
Stir in the fettuccine and reserved pasta cooking water and cook until the pasta is warmed through and the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley-pecan pesto, basil, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] butter, if using; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set a timer for the pasta.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the basil leaves.