In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp Louie sandwiches with butter lettuce salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
We’ve reimagined the classic seafood Louie as a satisfying sandwich, featuring wild shrimp in a creamy Thousand Island dressing and a side of pickled-onion and lettuce salad.
In your bag
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket San Francisco Bay seasoning (celery seeds - sweet paprika - black pepper - ground mustard)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sunbasket Thousand Island dressing (paleo mayo - tomato paste - capers - onion - maple syrup - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 740, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 1190mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 84g (31% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the San Francisco Bay seasoning.
While the shrimp cooks and cools, prepare the pickled onion.
Pickle the onion
- Peel the onion and thinly slice enough to measure ½ cup [1 cup]. Coarsely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup] and set aside for the shrimp Louie.
Toast the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally; drizzle or brush the cut sides with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt.
Finish the shrimp Louie and butter lettuce salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 2  of the largest outer leaves for the sandwiches. Coarsely chop the remaining lettuce.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; thinly slice the tomatoes. Set aside a few slices for the sandwiches.
To the bowl with the pickled onion, add the chopped lettuce, remaining tomato slices, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil and toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the pickled onion.
- Drizzle the ciabatta with oil.
- Stir the shrimp Louie.
- Assemble the butter lettuce salad.