In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp Louie sandwiches with butter lettuce salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Pescatarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
We’ve reimagined the classic seafood Louie as a satisfying sandwich, featuring wild shrimp in a creamy Thousand Island dressing and a side of pickled-onion and lettuce salad.
In your bag
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket San Francisco Bay seasoning (celery seeds - sweet paprika - black pepper - ground mustard)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sunbasket Thousand Island dressing (mayo - tomato paste - capers - onion - maple syrup - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 750, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 1120mg (49% DV), Total Carb. 85g (31% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper and half the San Francisco Bay seasoning; save the remaining seasoning for another use.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then coarsely chop. Transfer the shrimp to a medium bowl and refrigerate until cool. Wipe out the pan.
While the shrimp cooks and cools, prepare the pickled onion.
Pickle the onion
- Peel the onion and thinly slice enough to measure ½ cup [1 cup]. Coarsely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup] and set aside for the shrimp Louie.
Toast the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally; drizzle or brush the cut sides with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt.
Finish the shrimp Louie and butter lettuce salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 2  of the largest outer leaves for the sandwiches. Coarsely chop the remaining lettuce.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; thinly slice the tomato. Set aside a few slices for the sandwiches.
To the bowl with the shrimp, add the Thousand Island dressing and chopped onion and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the bowl with the pickled onion, add the chopped lettuce, remaining tomato slices, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil and toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the pickled onion.
- Drizzle the ciabatta with oil.
- Stir the shrimp Louie.
- Assemble the butter lettuce salad.