In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Turmeric and smoky paprika flavor our take on Spanish paella, adding color and depth to this crowd-pleasing one-pan shrimp and rice dish.
In your bag
- 1 organic leek
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- Sunbasket paella spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet smoked paprika - turmeric)
- ¾ cup paella rice
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
Nutrition per serving
Calories 520, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 710mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 71g (26% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
Cook the paella
Add either 2 cups [3 cups] water and ½ cup [1 cup] white wine (from your pantry) or a total of 2½ cups [4 cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook without stirring, removing the lid halfway through cooking, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
When the paella is almost done, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the shrimp
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Soak the leeks and pat dry.
- Measure the water for the paella.
- Garnish with the cilantro.