In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy shrimp penne arrabbiata with mushrooms and green beans
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Made with umami-rich tomatoes, sweet smoked paprika, and a dash of cayenne, our arrabbiata sauce brings punch and subtle heat to this 20-minute pasta dish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- Sun Basket arrabbiata sauce base (tomatoes - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - extra virgin olive oil - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - cayenne - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon capers
Calories: 470, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 10g (15% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup [¾ cup] pasta cooking water. While the water is heating and the penne is cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep and cook your protein
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the shallots and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and the beans are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add ¼ cup [½ cup] white wine (from your pantry) or water and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until thickened slightly, about 1 minute.
Finish the dish
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the arrabbiata sauce base and reserved pasta cooking water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the penne, your protein, and capers; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the penne, your protein, vegetables, and sauce to individual bowls and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the penne.
- Time the penne.
- Measure the shallots.