In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp-scallion pancakes with kimchi and cheddar
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Korean street food, these tasty pancakes are the perfect fusion of chewy-crisp textures and sweet-savory flavors.
In your bag
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
- Sun Basket Asian savory pancake blend (rice flour - all-purpose flour - cornstarch - brown sugar - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 2 ounces Mother-in-Law’s vegan kimchi
- Sun Basket Asian dipping sauce (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 440, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 245mg (82% DV), Sodium: 1030mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the pancake batter
- Rinse the shellfish, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Lay the shellfish flat and carefully cut each in half horizontally, then coarsely chop; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
Prep the kimchi; cook the pancakes
- Coarsely chop the kimchi; set aside for serving.
- Measure the scallions.
- Measure the water for the pancake batter.
- Time the pancakes.
- Garnish with the scallions.