In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp scampi with bucatini and baby greens
Soy-Free, Pescatarian, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Whip up this crowd pleaser in just twenty minutes: shrimp, garlic, and butter with dark greens and a fun kind of tubular pasta.
In your bag
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
Calories 570, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 185mg (62% DV), Sodium 340mg (15% DV), Total Carb. 58g (21% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the scampi ingredients
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the bucatini.
- Rinse the shellfish, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper, and the scallops generously.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the bucatini
While the bucatini cooks, start the scampi.
Cook the scampi
For the shrimp:
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until starting to turn pink but not yet cooked through, about 1 minute per side for regular shrimp, 2 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate.
For the scallops:
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until translucent but not yet cooked through, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium, stir the butter and garlic into the pan, and cook until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley, reserved pasta cooking water, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and as many chile flakes as you like. Add the shrimp or scallops and bucatini, remove from the heat, and toss until the seafood is cooked through and the ingredients are combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the scampi cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon; measure the juice.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.