Shrimp scampi with snap peas and garlic bread
30 - 40 Minutes
In Sun Basket’s spin on an Italian-American classic, elegant slivered sugar snap peas and fresh lemon zest help lighten the rich pasta. But we don’t skimp on the buttery garlic bread. If you don’t feel like slivering the snap peas, just toss them in whole along with the garlic.
- 7 ounces linguine
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- ¼ pound sugar snap peas
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 romaine heart
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (roasted red peppers - roasted almonds - olive oil - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - coconut sugar - salt - pepper)
- 1½ ounces grated Parmesan
Cook the linguine
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving ? cup pasta cooking water. Transfer the linguine to a medium bowl, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat; set aside.
While the water heats and the linguine cooks, prepare the garlic bread.
Make the garlic bread
- Cut the ciabatta rolls in half lengthwise.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons; set aside two-thirds of the garlic for the sauce.
On a sheet pan, place the ciabatta, cut sides up, and spread with the butter mixture. Toast in the oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the garlic bread toasts, prepare the shrimp and sauce.
Prep the shrimp and sauce ingredients
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Trim the ends from the sugar snap peas; cut the snap peas lengthwise into thin strips.
- Zest half the lemon.
- Juice the lemon.
Cook the shrimp and sauce
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves. Set aside 1 teaspoon parsley for the garlic bread.
Transfer the shrimp and sauce to the bowl with the linguine, add all except the 1 teaspoon parsley, and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the shrimp and sauce cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad; finish the garlic bread
- Trim the root end from the romaine.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
Sprinkle the garlic bread with the remaining 1 teaspoon parsley and cut into smaller slices, if desired.
- Make the garlic bread.
- Juice the lemon.
- Make the salad.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 690, Protein: 26 g, Total Fat: 35 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 145 mg, Carbohydrates: 60 g, Fiber: 3 g, Added Sugar (Vinaigrette contains trace amounts of coconut sugar): 0 g, Sodium: 720 mg
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat, shellfish