In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp scampi with romaine salad
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Here two iconic favorites get the Sun Basket treatment: Shrimp scampi is brightened with silky, sautéed leeks and mild Marash pepper flakes, then tossed with linguine to infuse the pasta with its heady flavors. Meanwhile, Caesar salad gets streamlined to its most essential components: romaine lettuce for crunch and Parmesan for umami.
In your bag
- 5 ounces linguine
- 1 to 2 leeks
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 romaine heart
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce shredded Parmesan
Calories: 720, Protein: 41 g, Fiber: 6 g, Total Fat: 28 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 255 mg, Sodium: 1510 mg, Carbohydrates: 71g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Crustacean Shellfish, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Cook the linguine
Cook the leeks
- Trim the root ends and any dark green leaves from the leeks; cut them in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the romaine heart.
- Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the shrimp scampi
Cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley and as much of the Marash chile flakes as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the salad