In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp skewers and grilled baby broccoli with red chermoula
Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Break out the grill (or a grill pan) for this Moroccan-inspired meal. Paleo and gluten-free, it’s ready in about half an hour.
In your bag
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon
- Chermoula spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - coriander - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 4 or 5 red radishes
- 10 ounces baby broccoli
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- Wooden skewers
Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 28g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 13g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish
Wash produce before use
Make the chermoula
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the radishes and cut them in half.
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
In the same pan, if dry, add 1 tablespoon oil and warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned and crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the preserved lemon, and toss to combine. Wipe out the pan.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the shrimp.
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Make It Leaner: Steaming the broccoli instead of sautéing it will save you 70 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. Want to go even lower? Using only half of the chermoula will shave off an additional 70 calories and 7 grams of fat.