In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp stir-fry with Cambodian tuk trey sauce and jasmine rice
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
This fast shrimp stir-fry hits every taste bud, thanks to the salty, sweet, tangy, and mildly spicy Cambodian tuk trey sauce.
In your bag
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 3 organic scallions
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- Sun Basket tuk trey sauce base (fish sauce - cashews - sambal oelek - fresh garlic - coconut sugar)
- 5 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- ¼ cup fried shallots
For added flavor, marinate the shrimp in half the tuk trey sauce before cooking the stir-fry, then serve the remaining sauce alongside.
Sambal oelek is one of our favorite tools to bring heat and flavor to a dish. Sambal is an Indonesian term for a sauce made with chiles, and oelek refers to the mortar and pestle traditionally used to make it. We use a dab in the tuk trey sauce so it’s just a little spicy but not fiery.
Calories: 640, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 1270mg (53% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: (coconut sugar): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients and tuk trey sauce
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the stir-fry
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish with the fried shallots and scallions.