In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp tacos diablo with cabbage slaw and queso fresco
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Feel good and satisfied fast with these Baja-inspired gluten-free shrimp tacos, packed with vitamins, minerals, and plenty of lean protein.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ pound organic shredded green or other cabbage
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket diablo glaze (water - tomatoes - EVOO - tomato paste - garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Shine from the Inside Out
These tacos come together quickly, which gives you more time to slow down at the dinner table. When it’s time to eat, take a deep breath and eat mindfully. First, note how hungry you are, then chew slowly and savor the flavors. Check in with yourself between bites to create the space and awareness you need to respect your satiety and hit that perfect level of comfortably full.
Shrimp are naturally high in protein, low in fat, and an excellent source of vitamin B12 and the antioxidant mineral selenium. Because they’re also naturally a bit salty, we season them only lightly with salt.
Calories: 620, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 1370mg (57% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cabbage slaw
- Coarsely chop half the cilantro; set aside the remaining sprigs for garnish.
- Juice the lime (the juice will be divided between the slaw and the shellfish).
Prep and cook the shellfish
- If using, finely chop the pickled jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the shellfish cooks, prepare the queso fresco and tortillas.
Prep the queso fresco; warm the tortillas
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Juice the lime.
- Measure the lime juice.
- Assemble the cabbage slaw.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Help set out the taco ingredients.