Shrimp tacos diablo with pickled cabbage and lime
25 – 40 Minutes
These Baja-inspired gluten-free shrimp tacos require only one pan and take about half an hour to throw together.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound shredded green cabbage (such as Savoy)
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1 poblano (see Market Watch note)
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 lime
- 1 small green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- Sun Basket diablo sauce (tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - fresh garlic - salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Poblanos are green, mildly spicy chile peppers popular in Mexican cooking, but they are grown organically in limited numbers. You may receive an organic green or yellow bell pepper in your bag instead; if so, follow the instructions as written for the poblano.
Calories: 720, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 225mg (75% DV), Sodium: 1060mg (44% DV), Carbohydrates: 58g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (Maple syrup): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Crustacean shellfish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.