Shrimp tacos diablo with pickled cabbage and lime
25 – 40 Minutes
These Baja-inspired gluten-free shrimp tacos require only one pan and take about half an hour to throw together.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1 organic poblano
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile such as serrano (optional)
- Sun Basket diablo sauce (tomatoes - EVOO - tomato paste - fresh garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Calories: 710, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 225mg (75% DV), Sodium: 1120mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (maple syrup): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Crustacean shellfish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.