In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp tacos with chimichurri-cabbage slaw and guacamole
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
It doesn’t have to be Tuesday to partake in taco night. Season some delicate briny shrimp any night of the week and load up those tortillas with all the fixings that will dazzle your tastebuds.
In your bag
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup chimichurri sauce
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- Seafood options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Tex-Mex seasoning blend (chili powder - onion powder - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - dried Mexican oregano)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ½ cup guacamole
Calories 480, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 780mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 21g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt " + "per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility " + "that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, " + "Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prepare the slaw
In a medium bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, and half the chimichurri sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the garnishes; cook the seafood
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lime into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and the Tex-Mex seasoning blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Pat the snapper dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and the Tex-Mex seasoning blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the snapper, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the 6  tortillas, turning once, until just pliable and warmed through, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, cover, and keep warm.
Set out the tortillas, shrimp, cabbage slaw, guacamole, scallions, chimichurri sauce, and lime wedges and invite everyone to assemble their own tacos.
- Prep the slaw.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the tacos.