Shrimp tacos with pickled cabbage and lime
Gluten-Free, Spicy, Soy-Free
Chef Justine makes her diablo sauce with dried New Mexico chiles that are sweet with just enough heat to keep things interesting. Cooking the shrimp in the sauce keeps the shellfish moist while they soak up all great flavors of the chiles. Our quick pickle brine turns cabbage into a tangy topping for the tacos while the toasted pumpkin seeds deliver a satisfying crunch.
In your bag
- ¼ pound Napa cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 lime
- Quick pickle brine (rice vinegar - maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- Diablo sauce (New Mexican chiles - garlic - coriander - oregano - oil - salt - diced tomatoes - tomato paste)
- 6 Mi Rancho corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Calories: 740, Protein: 37g, Fiber: 18g, Total Fat: 30g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 185mg, Sodium: 1420mg, Carbohydrates: 85g, Added Sugar: 10g.