In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy jumbo shrimp tikka masala with basmati rice, peas, and chard
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Pescatarian, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Look out, this flavorful dish may rival your favorite Indian takeout. Made with curry powder, ginger, and turmeric, our masala marinade brings mild heat and earthiness to sweet, succulent shrimp.
In your bag
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- ⅓ cup shelled peas
- 10 ounces wild jumbo shrimp
- Sunbasket tikka masala marinade (water - curry powder - dried New Mexican chiles - ginger - garlic - turmeric)
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 5 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
Calories 500, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice and 1¼ cups [2¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, stir in the peas, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm. While the rice is cooking, prepare the shrimp.
Marinate the shrimp
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp and tikka masala marinade, season lightly with salt, and toss to coat. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the shrimp
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish. [Cut 1 lemon into wedges; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Set aside half the cilantro sprigs for garnish; coarsely chop the remaining half for the chard.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and marinade and ¼ cup [½ cup] water. Cook, turning the shrimp once, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and season lightly to taste with salt. Wipe out the pan.
Cook the chard
In the same pan used for the shrimp, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, stir in the chard and chopped cilantro, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the chard is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the rice to individual plates. Top with the shrimp and garnish with the remaining cilantro sprigs. Serve the chard and lemon wedges on the side.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Line a plate with paper towels for the shrimp.
- Measure the water for the shrimp tikka masala.
- Garnish the tikka masala with cilantro.