Sichuan chicken noodle salad with ginger-scallion sauce
25 – 35 Minutes
Sichuan peppercorns add a pleasant tingle to this refreshing main-course salad.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 5 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- Sesame dressing (rice vinegar - tamari - mirin - sesame oil)
- 3 scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
If you prefer the Sichuan peppercorns crushed rather than whole, in Step 4, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush them on a cutting board before adding them to the pan with the ginger and scallions.
Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 1130mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans