In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sichuan chicken noodle salad with ginger-scallion sauce
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Sichuan peppercorns add a pleasant tingle to this refreshing main-course salad.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 5 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- Sesame dressing (rice vinegar - tamari - mirin - sesame oil)
- 3 scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 1130mg (49% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 41g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Poach the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the vegetables and almonds.
Prep the vegetables and almonds
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. /li>
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
Cook the udon noodles; assemble the salad
While the water heats and the udon noodles cook, prepare the ginger-scallion sauce.
Make the ginger-scallion sauce
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Using the side of a knife, mash enough garlic to a coarse paste to measure ½ teaspoon.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.